Saturday, February 8, 2014

Prints + Color

As I sit here with my snoring heater Memphis, I am contemplating a shoot that I am working on design + styling. I am using some of my favorite local vendors to add to the mix and capture it to bring it to the public eye and our readers, and just like a wedding, it has me excited, stressed at moments, unsure, and feeling genius all at once. 
 Over the last couple of years weddings and showers have had the same color palette that has now by 2014 become almost expected. While being forever pretty the pastel + metallic wedding mesh has officially become....meh. 
 This wedding season I'm hoping to focus in color. Our world is full of color and to simply only chose blush and mint (which of course were my colors) peach, cream, champagne and silver & gold. I really miss the rest of the rainbow. I've sent over some floral ideas to my favorite florist, Bethany at My Splendid Sentiments to help my rustic table pop. I don't want to share too much as I'm working on everything from backdrop elements to favor hugging napkin design. 2014 is definetly the shifting year in design, you will still see a lot of pastel +metallic weddings, but expect to see some color + prints and patterns and some different ideas coming to the table. 2014 is going to be a bold year. Congrats to all the 2014 brides, which happens to include a very dear friend if mine  who is lucky to have family ( as I did) that just happen to have event and design talent. Can't wait to share her day after the styled shoot is finished. Now I can get ready to focus on making some room for some organizational skills in the very long process it's been to makeover our bedroom! Stay tuned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment