Sunday, April 14, 2013

Brighton's Baby Bumptials

So I had the pleasure of attending my friends' baby shower. The moment Tiffany told me she was preggy, I knew we were in for some seriously fun shower times.
As we all know I'm personally obsessed with anything event related, especially when it involves crafting!
Tiffany and Vinny chose the name Brighton, and she was celebrated in style! They went with a DIY Mermaid By the Sea theme. And Tiffany was sweet enough to ask if my aunt (who made my delicious wedding cake) if she would help with her expertise and make a cake for the shower. The cake was an ombré ruffled coconut Creme two tiered cake with white chocolate shells and sugar bubble accents!
There's good looking cakes, then there's delicious good looking cakes!!
I also color Tiffany's hair so I set her up for her signature Ariel hair style and got her to break out of her straight shell by doing loose beachy waves and a waterfall braid!
This was literally time crunched in 15 minutes.
I prepped her with Euforas finishing spray and curled her with a 1 1/2 inch curling iron. I teased her crown and smoothed and started her waterfall braid loose and across her occipital and finished it by tying it into an old fashioned braid. I finished with Bumble and Bumbles shine spray and ran a flat iron through her bangs.
Her color rocks Redkens newer Chromatics line in 6 Rr which has a much lower ammonia content but has the strength to lift and cover grey!

It was such a great time to be a part of , a lot of things were hand made with love , including a watermelon and fruit baby in carriage made by resident sweetie pie Cristen Fick. ( I posted her nuptials a while back on the old blog ill have to update that here!!)
Check out the photos of the big day!
Congrats to Tiffany and Vinny on your beautiful life to come!!











No comments:

Post a Comment